Friday, February 5, 2010

First Team Challenge Begins!

Listen up Teamies!!!! First Official Team Challenge starts NOW!

Rings won the vote hands down and after much discussion we're keeping the first one simple and open, just a metalsmithed ring of the design your choice. Since we are at heart a metalsmithing group submissions should probably include at least some fabrication. That being said, do what you can do. If you don't own a torch and still want to participate feel free to use whatever techniques and materials you have access to. It's just for fun and I don't want to leave anyone out.

Submissions are due the Friday after next, Feb 19th. As soon as you finish your lovely creation post it to the Flickr Page and post a link over on the Etsy thread so we can all ooooh and ahhhh ok?

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited! Now....what to make, what to make. Hmmmmmm I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh how exciting! I have no where near enough stuff to enter but im looking forward to seeing everyone's creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to attempt something different this time, it is after all a challenge I found what I think to be a great tutorial in how to make a hollow ring. I have been meaning to try it, so why not now right? Wish me patience and success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun! I have started a blog tracking my progress with aspiring metalsmiths. I don't have a torch, but I think I can come up with some good ones. I can't wait to see everyone's creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with. Mine is just posted to the Flickr page. Are we supposed to tag it with something specific?

    ReplyDelete