Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Time for Team Challenge # 2!

Are you up for it?

Here it is:
Interpret this lovely and classic limerick about spring -

"Spring has sprung,
The grass is riz.
I wonder where
the birdies is?"

Let your imagination soar (with the birdies?) and make anything your metalsmithing heart desires!

Enter any time until Friday March 19th at midnight.

Post your creation on our Flickr page and then be sure to post a link on our Etsy thread so we can all be awed and amazed!

Because last time we all whined about how difficult it was to vote for just one favourite (or favorite), this time there will be two categories:
1) The creation which best embodies, expresses, and otherwise personifies the chosen theme,
2) The creation which best demonstrates creativity and thinking-out-of-the-boxness.

So spread your wings a little or a lot, create something big or something small. It's up to you!

Well, what are you waiting for? Spring??

9 comments:

  1. Thinking out of the boxness?? lololol SO not a word but I know exactly what you mean :D Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not? Lol! In my house we use "-ness" to describe many things, mainly to tease my teenage daughter who uses it incessently.

    I hope I can participate this time - I'm getting ready for a fine art show in March, so will be busy painting my fingers to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not very good at thinking out of the boxness, hmmmmmm. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy me neither, I like the box, it's warm and cozy in here! lolol

    ReplyDelete
  5. man, Julie....I shouldn't have said I wouldn't be sorry about what you picked....now my little brain is going...been working on a few sketches for 2 days that might fit...but since I read this 2 hours ago, I now have 15 sketches to pick from.....DANG IT ALL! I need to clone myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a creative theme! What to do, what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh my grandad'd favourite pome! heehee! ...

    The birdies is upon the wing
    but that's absurd
    cos the wing is on the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, Asa! I did warn you! Maybe you could sell your extra sketches to your teamies...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm. Now my brain is working overtime to come up with something......

    ReplyDelete